While you can do almost anything on Just Because Day, why not celebrate by doing something nice for others? Even better, doing a good deed doesn’t have to cost a dime.
- Make a treat for your office or schoolmates using ingredients you already have on hand. To brighten up a Monday, I made Cooking Light’s Peanut Butter Banana Bread for my coworkers. MyRecipes.com has a handy tool that recommends recipes based on three ingredients you already have in the kitchen.
- That friend or family member whom you’ve been meaning to call, visit or write? Today’s the perfect day!
- Scour your pantry and donate non-perishables to your local food bank. Outside of the winter holidays, most food banks’ supplies run low and peanut butter, a pantry staple, often tops the list of the most needed items for food banks. Here are some additional ideas.
- Does your partner or roommate have a chore that they hate to do? Earn some extra goodwill and do it for them.
- Prepare a meal or snack for your kid (or pet!) with a little extra creativity. Make peanut butter and jelly “sushi” rolls for your child’s lunch. Bake homemade treats for your dog. My dog loves these bacon peanut butter treats made with rice flour.
Just Because Day comes but once a year, so how do you plan to celebrate?