National Peanut Board members from 12 states engage consumers about the great taste and nutritional benefits of peanuts and peanut butter during the Perfectly Powerful Peanut Pop Up event in New York City in March, 2015. Seen here: Eileen Jordan (La.)
Nothing helps us keep our fingers on the pulse of what’s happening in the market place more than the good old American consumer.
It is the consumer who is changing the dynamics of how and where we eat. Today’s consumer is savvy and has a sophisticated palette—pushing products and retail innovation like never before.
Your National Peanut Board is staying one step ahead by targeting these consumer trends through the following initiatives:
Strategic Partnerships — Since its inception, your National Peanut Board has built strategic alliances with national foodservice operators, branded manufacturers, national retailers, and other commodity boards to plan and implement innovative demand and consumption programs for USA-grown peanuts and peanut products. These partnerships allow us to extend your grower dollars.
State Co-Promotions — Promoting USA-grown peanuts may be at the heart of what the National Peanut Board is all about, but your state peanut grower organizations have the duty of promoting the peanuts grown in their state. That’s why every year your Board partners with each state on a co-promotion that works to increase awareness and consumption of their specific peanut variety. By working together we will create a more unified industry and, in turn, accomplish so much more for the betterment of the American peanut.
National Marketing & Education Initiatives — Our number one goal is to increase consumption and grow market share by creating awareness and stimulating desire for USA-grown peanuts and peanut products and we have a number of strategies that we use as a roadmap to get us there.
1. Grow and protect the USA peanut brand by communicating value through differentiated flavor, quality, nutritional benefits, convenience and versatility to all audiences through integrated marketing, advertising and public relations programs.
2. Educate influencers such as the media and health professionals through an orchestrated issues management program to manage against misinformation regarding USA-grown peanuts.
3. Create preference and usage of USA-grown peanuts and peanut products among key customer groups consumers, manufacturers, retailers, and food service–through compelling and relevant programs.
4. Help improve premium quality to gain market share.
5. Secure strategic partners to extend resources and create new consumption opportunities through innovation, cooperative marketing, promotion and product concept development that lead to profitable results for producers.
6. Partner with state grower and other groups to promote the USA brand.
National Advertising — People love peanuts and peanut butter. But the world’s a busier place than it’s ever been and with so many messages competing for our attention, it’s more important than ever before to remind them of all that’s good, positive and fun about the product we grow. NPB ads appear everywhere from inside culinary trade magazines influencing chefs, to gracing the pages of consumer magazines such as Southern Living and O, as well as inside subway trains in major metropolitan areas such as Chicago and New York. All hitting people where they live, work, and play.