Some major holidays such as Christmas, Hanukkah and New Years are celebrated around the world, and food traditions vary from culture to culture. When family and friends gather together to celebrate, they usually eat dishes that are near and dear to their hearts. These foods are deeply rooted in history and tradition.
Join me as we travel around the world to find out how people enjoy peanuts and peanut butter:
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Scones: This may be your new favorite peanut butter treat for breakfast! These Scottish energy-boosting scones pack some fiber and protein. Enjoy!
- West African Peanut Soup: This West African soup is flavored with ginger, garlic and cloves, among other flavors incorporating vegetables like kale. Then, of course, there are the peanuts and peanut butter that make it nothing short of delicious! African soups are often served with staple foods like rice, fufu and others.
- Thai Peanut Ginger Slaw: Want something refreshing? This salad will definitely have you eating your vegetables. It is an amazingly delicious fusion of bold flavors.
- Peruvian potato and pork stew with peanut sauce: This meat and potatoes dish of Peruvian origin was adapted from South America. This stew is definitely hearty and spicy; you will love it!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies: These favorite European cookies will definitely grace your holiday dessert trays. They have a unique and delicious peanutty taste that pairs well with coffee, hot chocolate, or tea.
Whatever you choose to make for your family and friends you will be sure to enjoy! Have a peanutty holiday season!