From cocktails to cocoa, holiday parties just wouldn’t be the same without a fancy drink in hand. And, peanuts and peanut butter can make your drink station the talk of the party. Here are five unique drinks to make for your guests this season.
1. Fluffy Nutty Martini: Castries Peanut Rum Crème Liqueur® and Smirnoff Fluffed Marshmallow Vodka® combined with crushed peanuts and melted marshmallow crème make for an over-the-top treat sure to get your guests in the holiday spirit. Garnish with mini holiday-colored marshmallows and crushed peppermint for a seasonal twist.
2. White Chocolate Eggnog: While traditional, eggnog doesn’t have to be boring. This version uses white chocolate liqueur and the classic concoction is topped with whipped cream, grated white chocolate and pumpkin pie spice. Rim the glass with crushed peanuts to complement the white chocolate. If you’re serving the ultimate peanut butter fan, try adding a tablespoon of peanut butter to the mix.
3. NutLiquor®: This peanut butter vodka is said to taste like the inside of a peanut butter cup. Partygoers can enjoy it simply shaken with ice or you can try a recipe from their website like Cream Soda or ChocoNut.
4. Santa’s Cosmo: With pomegranate juice and a coconut-flaked rim, this version of a cosmopolitan is the perfect Santa’s hat. To create the perfect sweet-and-salty balance, serve this drink with lightly salted peanuts.
5. Peanut Butter-Swirled Cocoa: For the kids or the always-chilly guest, hot cocoa becomes irresistible with peanut butter. Before the party, coat spoons with peanut butter and pop them in the fridge until set. As the doorbell rings, whip up a batch of hot cocoa (we won’t tell if it’s instant) and offer guests a peanut butter treat to swirl into their toasty drink. For extra glam, top with whipped cream, chopped peanuts and a pinch of chocolate sprinkles.
How do you like to enjoy peanuts and peanut butter at holiday parties?