As the year comes to the close, we wanted to recap some of the wonderful peanut and peanut butter new menu items we discovered in 2013 from a few of America’s favorite restaurants. Peanut items on menus have doubled since 2007 and we expect that increase to continue for years to come.
Here are our choices:
- Tropical Smoothie Peanut Bowl- In malls across the country, shoppers were able to try Tropical Smoothie’s new peanut bowl released for a limited time from August to October.
- PF Chang’s Grilled Prawns with Chilled Peanut Noodle Salad, including red curry-peanut sauce- During the summer PF Chang’s released a seasonal menu with Asian inspired dishes.
- Einstein’s Bros. Peanut Butter and Jelly Bagel- Last month Einstein’s Bros. announced it would be debuting a new Peanut Butter and Jelly Bagel. The gourmet breakfast option is a potato bagel topped with a peanut butter streusel and strawberry jelly.
- Sonic Shakes-This summer added seven new peanut butter flavors to their line of hand spun ice cream shakes. The flavors included Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter Fudge, Peanut Butter Cookie, Peanut Butter Banana, Peanut Butter & Jelly, and Peanut Butter & Bacon.
- Cheddar’s Asian Salad with Peanuts -In May, Cheddars added a new Asian salad with a peanut dressing and crushed peanuts to its menu.
Have you tried any of these? What were your favorite items with peanuts or peanut butter at restaurants this year?