Sherry Coleman Collins, MS, RDN, LD
Peanut Butter Dip Ingredients
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup plain Greek non-fat yogurt
1 teaspoon honey
pinch of salt
pinch of cinnamon
Fruit & Veggie Dipping Ingredients
1/2 cup green beans
1/2 cup baby carrots
1 medium zucchini
1 stalk celery
1/2 English cucumber
2 medium apples
juice of half a lemon
1/2 cup unsalted in-shell peanuts (for pup-parent only)
1/4 cup peanut brittle of choice (for pup-parent only)
- Blend all peanut butter dip ingredients together smoothly. Refrigerate while preparing all other ingredients.
- Trim green beans as needed.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the green beans.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then drain and rinse with cold water or shock in ice water.
- Meanwhile, cut zucchini and celery into sticks. Slice cucumber and cut carrots into sticks or thick slices.
- Slice apples and toss in lemon juice to prevent from browning.
- Arrange all ingredients artfully on a tray, large platter, or cutting board.
Disclaimer: Always seek the advice of your veterinarian with any questions you may have regarding the nutritional needs of your pet. Ingredients that should not be consumed by dogs are noted. Do not feed these treats as more than 10% of the dog's diet. These are not complete foods and should be enjoyed only as a celebratory treat and are not meant to replace your dog’s daily diet. Substitutions are not recommended. Avoid using peanut butter with Xylitol, a sugar substitute that is toxic to dogs.
Nutrients Per serving
|Calories from Fat||486|
Fast and easy to do