Pawfect Peanut & Salmon Bowl
Sherry Coleman Collins, MS, RDN, LD
1 cup rice — plain cooked according to package directions
5 oz can of salmon
1/3 cup unsalted peanuts
1 cup lightly steamed broccoli florets or peas
parsley or cilantro (optional)
pinch of salt
Curry Coconut Peanut Sauce Ingredients
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
juice of half a lime
- Mix all curry coconut peanut sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Flake canned salmon in a small bowl.
- Mix 1 cup rice gently with the flaked salmon in a serving bowl.
- Divide between 2 plates.
- Serve with side of steamed broccoli.
- Top each dish with chopped peanuts.
- For the pup-parent portion, drizzle the dish with the curry coconut peanut sauce and a sprinkle of sea salt and fresh cilantro.
Disclaimer: Always seek the advice of your veterinarian with any questions you may have regarding the nutritional needs of your pet. Ingredients that should not be consumed by dogs are noted. Do not feed these treats as more than 10% of the dog's diet. These are not complete foods and should be enjoyed only as a celebratory treat and are not meant to replace your dog’s daily diet. Substitutions are not recommended. Avoid using peanut butter with Xylitol, a sugar substitute that is toxic to dogs.
Nutrients Per serving
|Calories from Fat||342|
|Trans Fats||0.05 g|