Peanut Power with Chef T: Udon Noodle with Peanut Chili Sauce
Chef Teren Green
2 Packages of Udon Noodles
1 Cup Fresh Red Bell Pepper
1 Cup Fresh Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
1 Cup Fresh Shredded Carrot
1 Cup Frozen Edamame Beans
1/4 Cup Peanut Chili Sauce
1/4 Cup Sesame oil
1/4 CupFresh Scallions
Crunchy Chili Oil
2 Tbs Sesame Seeds
2 TbsLemon zest2 Tsp Salt
Sake (for deglazing pan)
Chef Teren Green, or “Chef T” as athletes call him, is a top performance chef responsible for providing the healthy fuel for professional athletes. He’s been the team cook of several pro teams and was the man behind the stove for the U.S. women’s soccer team’s 2019 championship run.
Part of what makes a winning team is having a winning diet. Chef T is an expert at using recovery foods like peanuts to get athletes the meals needed to keep up their nutrition.
His Udon Noodle with Peanut Chili Sauce meal is an ideal dinner or lunch for athletes after a hard workout or game.
Meals don’t come much more nutritious than this with the likes of carrots, mushrooms, edamame, bell peppers, peanuts and more included.
Here's how to make Chef T’s Udon Noodle with Zesty Peanut Sauce:
- Boil Udon noodles for one minute. Cool and sit aside.
- Sauté Red pepper, shiitake mushroom, carrot, edamame, in sesame oil until tender.
- Add Peanut Chili Sauce & sauté until sauce begins to stick to the pan.
- Deglaze pan with sake wine and add noodles.
- Coat noodles with sautéed mixture and garnish with minced toasted peanuts, scallion, lemon zest, sesame seeds, crunchy chili and salt .
Nutrients Per serving
|Calories from Fat||235|
|Trans Fats||0 g|