By: Caroline Young Bearden, MS, RD, LD
Vegetables are so hot right now.
Seriously, all the trendy restaurant chefs are doing something amazing with vegetables – making them taste good. The good news is you can do that right in your own kitchen.
Check out these four easy and delicious recipes to try this fall and winter:
- For the ones who don’t like vegetables (because it might just change their minds): Rosemary Roasted Root Veggies with Peanuts and Pomegranates.
- For the carnivores: Beef Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Spicy Peanut Butter Sauce.
- For a beautiful side dish that’s vegan-friendly: Baked Mini Pumpkins Stuffed with Herbed Farro & Peanuts.
- And for the sweet tooth (for dessert or even breakfast): Peanut & Chocolate Stuffed Sweet Potatoes.
And here are some other simple ways to go plant-forward this holiday season with peanuts:
- Serve grilled or raw vegetables with peanut hummus or a peanut butter Greek yogurt dip.
- Prepare a big green salad with a simple peanut dressing.
- Make peanut butter cookies!
Finally, check out other ways to make veggies taste good.
So, there you have it – you don’t have to be a famous chef to please everyone’s palates this fall and winter with delicious and nutritious plant-forward dishes.